Saturday, March 14, 2009

Zeus is doing GREAT and is in the clear!

Here is a photo the vet took of Z's innards . The bottom left is the six inches of dead bowel with the small squeaky toys inside. The top right photo is the healthy bowel being sewn back together and the top left pic is a job well done. The vet said the first five days were the most crucial. They didn't want him running, jumping... until his staples come out (14 days from surgery). Especially for these first few days so Zeus wouldn't undo what they just fixed.  Anywho sorry  if this totally grosses you out but this kind of stuff is right up my alley. 

4 comments:

Joe and Jen said...

I love the pictures! Interesting how the inside of a dog and a human look so similar! Who knew!

Rob and Mercedi said...

So, how is Zeus doing?

Jenny said...

No worries I am just as sick and twisted as you. I love the pics.

So glad he is doing better.

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! Poor guy. Dogs are so much like little babies. You can tell that they are sick, but they can't say, "Mom! My stomach hurts!" I hope he gets well soon and is tearing around the house (and leaving alone the squeaky toys).